Stan and Trumilda both work at the Fish4Africa Monte Vista store. Get to know them on a more personal level by understanding how they got into the fishing industry and why they are passionate about their work.
Name: Stan, Trumilda
Store: Monte Vista
- What is your role at Fish4Africa?
S: General assistant
T: Sales lady
- How did you get into commercial fishing?
S: A friend referred me and introduced me into the industry.
T: Most of my mom’s family is in the fishing industry
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
S: I enjoy arranging the fish on the display window.
T: I like to interact with the customers.
- What is your favourite fish and why?
S: Definitely hake. It’s easy to fillet.
- What do you think is the best way to cook fish?
S: To grill it.
T: Steam – very healthy.
6. What is your favourite fish dish?
S: Fish and chips.
T: Pickled fish.
- What do you do when you’re not working?
S: Praying and spending time with God.
T: Spending time with my family
- Why do you think fish is an important food source?
S: Very healthy.
T: It’s healthy. Very good for the brain and you get different kinds of vitamins.
- What do you get asked most by customers?
S: Whether our fish is fresh.
T: Is the fish fresh?
10. What makes you smile?
S: When a customer is happy.
T: When a customer says thank you for a good service.
11. Why do you think Fish4Africa is a leading fish and seafood supplier?
S: Our fish is always fresh and there’s a great selection.
T: Fish4Africa has its own vessels and a lot of quality suppliers. They always strive to offer only the best for their customers