Nasheema Fortuin and Caleb Maromedze work at our Strand store. Discover more about their favourite things related to fish and why they believe Fish4Africa is a leading fresh fish and seafood supplier.
Name: Nasheema Fortuin, Caleb Maromedze
- What is your role at Fish4Africa?
C: Fish filleter
2. How did you get into commercial fishing?
N: I was previously employed by Sharkex as a fish filleter.
C: I started with Fish4Africa at their Woodstock store.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
N: I enjoy giving excellent customer service and believing in Fish4Africa
C: The filleting and giving great customer service. I take pride in my work.
4. What is your favourite fish and why?
N: Snoek as it’s very versatile. You can braai, fry or grill it.
C: My favourite is Silver fish. I love the bones.
5. What do you think is the best way to cook fish?
N: I would say the best way is to bake or grill it.
C: To steam with green peppers and to eat with potatoes.
6. What is your favourite fish dish?
N: My favourite fish dish is pickled fish.
C: My favourite is fried snoek and chips.
7. What do you do when you’re not working?
N: I am maintaining my home and looking after my children.
C: I like to relax and have a few beers.
8. Why do you think fish is an important food source?
N: Fish contains all the natural resources our bodies require.
C: Fish contains all natural products which don’t have preservatives.
9. What do you get asked most by customers?
N: How to prepare certain types of fish
C: How fresh is the fish and where was the fish caught.
10. What makes you smile?
N: The customer service that I provide, making a customer smile and asking customers for feedback to various recipes I recommended to them.
C: When I can satisfy any customer with a great customer service.
11. Why do you think Fish4Africa is a leading fish and seafood supplier?
N: I think they have the right slogan as they always deliver on this – anything fresher is still swimming.
C: Because it is such a well established business and it is so well known by everyone.