Connie Caporicci and Charmaine Witbooi are based at our store in Woodstock. Discover why they think fish is a fantastic food choice and why they love what they do.
Name: Connie Caporicci, Charmaine Witbooi
- What is your role at Fish4Africa?
CW: Sales assistant.
- How did you get into commercial fishing?
CC: My parents had a fish shop in Sea-Point – South Atlantic.
CW: I used to go fishing with my mother and father.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
CC: I enjoy interacting with customers and colleagues.
CW: Interacting with customers.
4. What is your favourite fish and why?
CC: Kingklip – it’s tasty and firm like a single girl.
CW: Hake. It’s a simple and easy kind of fish.
5. What do you think is the best way to cook fish?
CC: To oven bake it.
CW: To grill it.
6. What is your favourite fish dish?
CC: Fish soup
CW: Simply steamed fish with veggies.
7. What do you do when you’re not working?
CC: I’m keeping my home in order and cooking.
CW: Cleaning and spending time with my grandkids.
8. Why do you think fish is an important food source?
CC: It is the most healthiest and natural food.
9. What do you get asked most by customers?
CC: Advice on how to cook fish.
CW: Is the fish fresh?
10. What makes you smile?
CC: When our customers smile.
CW: My job, customers
11. Why do you think Fish4Africa is a leading fish and seafood supplier?
CC: They have great quality and variety of fish and seafood.
CW: The quality and the variety is great.