A simple recipe with a hint of spices to add some delicious flavour. Be careful not to overcook this fish and don’t forget to pair it with a tasty side dish that will add some colour to your plate.
2 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon ginger grated
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon lemon peel grated
1 tablespoon olive oil
340 grams swordfish fillets, should be 170 grams each
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a small bowl blend together the butter, parsley, garlic, ginger, red pepper and lemon peel.
- Season the swordfish to taste with sea salt.
- In an ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Place the swordfish in the skillet and cook until browned, 2- 3 minutes.
- Turn the swordfish over and transfer the pan to the oven. Roast until just cooked through, about 8-10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Add seasoned butter mixture to the same skillet. Allow it to cook slightly over medium-high heat until melted and bubbling.
- Transfer swordfish to a serving dish.
- Pour butter sauce over swordfish and serve with your favourite side dishes.
Recipe and image courtesy of www.askchefdennis.com