A delicious recipe where the baked swordfish turns out crunchy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. Great as part of a snack platter or just on its own as an hors d’oeuvres.
- 1 1/2 pounds (0.680 grams) swordfish steak, side skin removed and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Pat swordfish dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl combine whole wheat flour, salt and pepper. Place the egg whites in another bowl and beat until frothy, about 30 seconds with a fork. Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest in a third bowl.
- Coat the swordfish pieces in the seasoned flour and pat to remove any excess flour. Dip the floured swordfish in the egg whites and then into the Parmesan mixture, gently pressing the mixture into the fish. Place the breaded swordfish pieces on an oiled baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with the olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until just cooked through and golden brown.
Creamy Aioli Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- For the Aioli Dipping Sauce: mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, Dijon mustard, and parsley in a small dipping bowl.
- Serve the crispy parmesan swordfish with the aioli dipping sauce
Recipe and image via www.food52.com
Become a member
Would you like more recipes like this emailed to you on a regular basis?