- Fish4Africa Salmon Fillets (150-200g fillets per person)
- Bread Crumbs
- Parmesan (Finely Grated)
- Parsley (Finely Chopped)
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Eggs (2-3 eggs for the egg wash)
- Fresh Lemon (Cut into wedges for serving)
- Ensure salmon fillets are cut into desired serving size and that all bones are removed.
- In a bowl, add together bread crumbs and finely grated Parmesan in a 1:1 ratio. Start with 1 cup of each. Depending on how many salmon fillets you are making, you may need 2 cups of each.
- Season the bread crumb and Parmesan mixture with freshly chopped parsley, onion powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Add a splash of olive oil and mix together (using a fork).
- In a separate bowl, prepare a simple egg wash using 2-3 eggs.
- Be prepared to get your hands dirty. Gently dip salmon fillet into the egg wash, ensuring all sides are coated. Then, dip into the Parmesan mixture, also ensuring all sides are coated. Repeat this step twice with each salmon fillet so that each fillet is dipped in the egg wash and Parmesan mixture twice.
- Once the salmon fillet is well coated, add to a baking rack (that has been coated with olive oil or spray-and-cook to avoid the fillets sticking to the rack).
- Add all salmon fillets onto the baking rack and add into a 200 degree pre-heated oven.
- Bake until golden brown (about 35 minutes).
- Serve with lemon wedges, a dip of your choice and delicious sides.
When purchasing the salmon, ask any of the friendly Fish4Africa assistants to cut the salmon into individual serving sizes (150-200g portions) to save you the fuss.
Recipe written by Fish4Africa ambassador, Claire Baillie-Stewart @cooking__with__claire
Become a member
Would you like more recipes like this emailed to you on a regular basis?